Aruvipuram Temple

Aruvipuram Temple

Narayana Guru performed his first act of public work at Aruvipuram, fifteen miles south of Trivandrum. In 1888, Narayana Guru installed a Shiva statue at this temple defying the traditional orthodox concept that only a Brahmin priest could officiate at such religious functions. This event marked the turning point in the struggle of millions of people, to worship in the temple of their own choice.

BACK | NEXT

Copyright, 2000 sndp.org click to reveal@sndp.org